FTII- Entrance EXAM Coaching
Among the 6 courses offered at FTII, direction is one of the most competitive seats followed by acting. The competition is ten times higher as compared with other streams like cinematography, editing and sound. As per last year’s FTII facebook page, out of 5293 (for all the courses) applicants,
1308 students appeared only for direction course.
1467 students appeared only for acting course
839 students appeared only for cinematography course.
50 MARKS OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS
a) 30% related to mental ability
b) 40 % are MCQs related to cinema and art (painting, dance, music, theatre, photography etc).
To train the FTII aspirants of any course, Mr. Naresh Sharma (Director CRAFT) has written a book which covers the section ‘c’ as mentioned above. This book precisely caters to MCQ genre related to cinema and art section. Although not exhaustive but scholastically propitious for framing patterns, this book is aimed at MCQ section. Not only students are expected to be well versed with Indian and International cinema but also of works by FTII alumni. Along with few question a list of important FTII alumni is provided.
50 MARKS DOMAIN SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
Fifty percent of the marks are devoted to ‘domain specific questions’ which are descriptive in nature to evaluate the area of interest and students’ investigative adroitness.
If you analyze the previous year’s question papers, 50 marks are devoted to check the students’ Domain specific knowledge. In direction course exam they will judge;
1. Observation power and,
2. Imagination power related to various elements of domian specfic, like cinematography,direction,editing,acting.
Please remember anything can be asked to evaluate students’ talent in terms of thinking or argumentative power. Though one can always prepare for GK and Mental Ability section without the help of any mentor but Domain specific descriptive question require face-to-face interaction/ training. Hence we are organizing a 20 days of “Coaching Program” starting from 23rd January 2019. Those who are unable to join face-to-face program can attend it online.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT IN OUR 20-DAYS COACHING CLASSES IN DELHI STARTING FROM 23RD JAN 2019?
There will be 4 hr class
1. One hr will be devoted to MCQ related to cinema, art, music, dance, painting, and sculpture by our Director, Mr. Naresh Sharma, who has written a book on the same topic. Please note that the book: ‘How to Prepare for FTII-SRFTI-JET 2019’, will give you an idea about various possible questions that can be framed ,but there are many things which could not be covered in the book and will be taught only in the classroom .
2. One hr class on mental ability and Logical reasoning.
3. 2-hrs Domain Specific Class: Our various mentor will be teaching you in a 2 hrs class each day for next 20 days.
4. Please note that there will not be any class related to GENERAL KNOWLEDGE as it is a vast topic with no end. This 15 marks section is what you need to prepare yourself.
There would be two batches:
Morning Batch (50 students)
9:00 am – 10:00 am – Mental Ability
15 min: Tea Break
10:15 – 11.15 am – GK related to Art and Culture (by Naresh Sharma)
30 min: Tea break
11:45 – 12:45 pm – DOMAIN SPECIFIC (by Domain Expert)
15 min: Tea Break
1:00 -2:00 pm – DOMAIN SPECIFIC (by Domain Expert)
Afternoon Batch (50 students)
3.15 pm – 4.15 pm – Mental Ability
15 min: Tea Break
4:30 – 5.30 pm – GK-related to Art and Culture (by Naresh Sharma)
30 min: Tea Break
6.00 – 8: 00 pm – DOMAIN SPECIFIC (by Domain Expert)
Fee: 20,000/- for the course (20,500/- fee includes book by Naresh Sharma)
Seats: 50 (morning batch) and 50 (afternoon batch)
Students who cannot join the classroom Program can join Online Program where they can watch the class room videos on YouTube.
Fee: 10,000/- for the course (10,500/- fee includes book by Naresh Sharma)
pl also find the downloadable link of 6-pages sample of the book at below link to evaluate our standarad of the book.