How to prepare for FTII entrance exam for CINEMATOGRAPHY COURSE:
Among the 6 courses offered at FTII , Cinematography is 3rd most competitive seat at FTII, followed by acting and direction. Last year as per FTII Facebook page 839, students appear in cinematography course out of total 5293 students.
To reach the level, where you would be called for orientation program at FTII -SRFTI ,one has to qualify the written entrance exam. If you are really Serious about FTII cinematography course,one needs analyzed the last years examination pattern, it consist of two sections.
30 MARKS OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS.( click here to see the breakdown)
FTII -JET evaluates a student at two fronts; first, the level of information and second, the analytical power.
Another fifty percent of the marks are allotted to objective type questions, out of which
a) 30 % questions are related to GK and current affair+ MCQs related to cinema and art ( painting, dance, music, theatre, photography etc).
30% related to mental ability(deletedd from new pattern)
To train the FTII aspirants in any course, Mr Naresh sharma, Director CRAFT has written a book to cover the section -c mentioned above. This book precisely caters to MCQ genre related to cinema and art section. Although not exhaustive but scholastically propitious for framing patterns, this book is aimed at MCQ section. Not only students are expected to be well versed with Indian and International cinema but also of works by FTII alumni. Along with few question, a list of important FTII alumni is provided.
70 MARKS DOMAIN SPECIFIC.
70 marks are devoted to domain-specific questions’ which are descriptive in nature to evaluate the area of interest and students’ investigative adroitness.
If you analyze the previous year’s question papers, 50 marks are devoted to Check the student’s Domain-specific knowledge. In the cinematography course exam, they will check your
1. Observation and Imagination power RELATED TO VISUAL ASPECTS OF photography and cinematography
2. They also see your basic knowledge of Photography In terms of “Mainly Technical” and aesthetic understanding of the image formation process.
we are adding sample answers to the following question papers of last years in cinematography course.
a) 2015_ 3_years _FTII_ cinematography_question_papers_with_ sample answers.
b) 2017_ 1_year _FTII_digital _cinematography_question_papers_with_ sample answers.
c) 2017_ 3_years _FTII_ cinematography_question_papers_with_ sample answers.
Now after going through the above questions and sample answers, you can evaluate your technical Standing of the Photography. Kindly note that the seemingly simple questions can also become tougher depending upon the Examiner who will be setting this paper. Hence one needs to be thoroughly prepared for the tough situation.
SAMPLE QUESTION papers
Pl Remember anything can be asked to evaluate students talent in terms of thinking skills or argumentative power. Though one can always prepare for GK section without the help of any mentor but Domain specific cinematography course descriptive question requires face-to-face interaction/ training. Hence we are organizing a 20 days of “Coaching Program” starting from 23rd January 2019. Those who are unable to join the face-to-face program can attend it online.
Wish you all the best.
What will be taught in our 20-DAYS cinematography course coaching starting from 27th JAN 2019-15th feb 2019 .
There will be 3 hr class
1. One hr will be devoted to MCQ related to Cinema,art,music,dance,painting,sculpture by our Director, Mr. Naresh Sharma, who has written a book on the same topic.pl note that the book: how to prepare for FTII-SRFTI-JET 2019, will give you an idea about various possibilities questions can be framed ,but there are many things which could not be covered in the book and will be taught only in the classroom.
2. 2-hr domain specific class: Our cinematography mentor will be teaching you a) The technical aspects and b) Important points about how to appreciate cinematographic aspects of a film in our 20 days 2 hr classroom of 50 aspirant students ( 25 in the morning and 25 in the afternoon batch). The Coaching will prepare you for 80 questions in 20days for the domain-specific Section of 70 marks.
3. Pl note that there will not be any class related to GENERAL KNOWLEDGE as it is a vast topic with no end. This 15 marks section you need to prepare yourself
There would be an evening batch. if we get more students then there can be Morning batch also Morning Batch ( 25 students
Afternoon Batch: ( 25 students )
3.00 pm – 4.00pm
15 min : Tea Break
4:15 pm – 5.15 pm
30 min Tea Break
5.45 pm – 6: 45 pm: ( GK-related to art and Culture ( by Naresh Sharma )
Fee: 20,500/- 20,000/- for the course+500 for the Book by Naresh Sharma
Students who cannot join the classroom Program can join Online Program where they can watch the class room videos on YouTube. Pl note that the Class Room will give you the opportunity to interact with GK-ART SECTION,” The domain Expert – sound Recording Faculty “to ask your query if you have any Doubts. While in “online video “only you would be able to watch the video of the classroom, which will be loaded on tube For Private viewing for those who have enrolled in this Prog.Pl note there will be no interaction of online people with the teacher at all.
Also, you would be able to discuss things with your classmate, which will be missing in online video tutorials.