About the book
It was a vital move by Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune and Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI), Kolkata when they converted their entrance exam to Joint Entrance Test (JET) in 2018. It proved to be a functional solace for those who were aspiring to get shortlisted.
It has been more than two decades, after graduating from FTII in 1993, I have been conducting workshops on various aspects of Film making . Many a times I have encountered the most obvious question – how to prepare for FTII entrance exam? Till now there is no reliable customized material available in a book form which can slake it.
FTII -JET evaluates a student at two fronts; first, the level of information and second, the analytical power.
- Fifty per cent of the marks are devoted to ‘ domain specificquestions’ which are descriptive in nature to evaluate the area of interest and students’ investigative adroitness.
- Another fifty percent of the marks are allotted to objective type questions, out of which 25% – 30% questions are related to GK , 30% related to mental ability and rest are MCQs related to cinema, art, painting, dance, music, theatre, photography etc.
This book precisely caters to MCQ genre related to cinema and art section.
Here is the index Of The book
01 Cannes Films Festival
02 Indian Cinema
03 Foreign Languages Oscar
04 European Cinema
05 French Films
06 Top International Directors
07 100 Best Actor, Actress
08 Oscar Nominees Best Films
09 Oscar Nominees Best Directors
10 Painting, Sculpture & Photography
11 Films on Artists
12 Book on Cinema
13 Hindi Novels
15 Padma Vibhushan
16 Music & Dance
17 International Books
Although not exhaustive but scholastically propitious for framing patterns, this book is aimed at MCQ section . Not only students are expected to be well versed with Indian and International cinema but also of works by FTII alumni. Along with few question a list of important FTII alumni is provided.
FTII Entrance exam – JET- 2021. MCQ-BOOK TO BUY :
30 MARKS OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS, which has become 50 ( MCQ+ MSQ ) from this Year JET-2021.Scheme of Examination JET2021
The 30 marks are allotted to objective type questions, out of which
- a) 08 Questions are related to GK and current affair
- B) 15 Marks are MCQs related to cinema
- C) 07 Art (painting, dance, music, theatre, photography etc).
To train the FTII aspirants of any course, Mr. Naresh Sharma (Director CRAFT) has written a book which covers the section ‘B+C’ as mentioned above.
The entire book is Already loaded on the website what was there in the book written for MCQ section for JET-2020 edition.( Pl note in future there will not be any hard copy edition of the book). Once book is written you cannot add new questions till the next edition comes, which is always a problem with such kind of books, where you need to add more questions.
- Additional 400 MCQ- questions are also loaded with 1/2/3 images for better understanding of the question to recollect later. Multiple images related to some of the questions was missing in the book.
- You can take up the test of 10 questions at one go and Check, your current level of understanding/knowledge related to MC
- Also occasionally there will also be explanations related to that question, which will help you to understand the question better and why it is important .
- Also there is a section on the top where what is loaded last month -can be Easily find out so that you know latest Questions added in the site every month.
- Every month we will keep adding more questions so that you remain updated.( From 4th nov till 15th Dec, there will be 500 more questions on painting/Sculpture will be added.)
You can Register for Free Trail for this course and if you like the content you can buy paying Rs 1000/-from below link
else you can also fill out the application form and make the payment of Rs 1,000/-by following link and we will send you the username and password for the online MCQ access valid for one year/till next JET-EXAM happens, whatsoever is earlier.
Wish you all the best.